Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I've found it...

{Originally posted June 15, 2009}

...my new love, obsession, hobby...whatever you want to call it, but I've found something amazing. Even if I never make a dime modeling again (I say that now...), I'd be happy. I don't think I've enjoyed myself more than this past weekend. I did a shoot on Friday for Board Bunnie's new catalogue and website, and a shoot on Sat for J T Photography which will be a great addition to my shabby outdated portfolio.

Its harder work than it looks. I'm sore from some of the poses (sad to admit...but I haven't seen the gym in awhile), covered in bug bites head to toe, have a huge spider bite on my right arm and came out a few pounds lighter from the unintentional skipping of lunch and dinner while at the shoot.

So much goes into making a decent photo and even more so to give it the title "Art." My head is still spinning from all the information I tried to take in about lighting and lenses. Wow. I have just barely skimmed the surface of the industry in Utah and am amazed at what talented photographers reside here. I already have a photog crush on a handful of people that I would give my right arm to work with. I am most interested at the moment by whimsical high fashion hair and makeup...it really is incredible the ideas that these people come up with! Crossing my fingers I'll be able to take part in some of those shoots one of these days.

{J T Photography, Hair & Make-up by Studio Enizio
Location-Draper, UT}

This is the first photo I've seen and am getting anxious to get the rest back. Jim was great. So patient and willing to answer all the photography and lighting questions I had. It was a really wonderful learning experience.

A few things I learned from this shoot:

1.) Modeling and dancing don't always go hand in hand
2.) Poses that feel great may not look so great on camera
3.) The camera really does add pounds. 5 to each one of my arms...
4.) Natural is always better.
5.) Accept that sometimes the first shot is the best-don't beat a dead horse and keep trying for better
6.) Bring food and a MIRROR....I really can't believe I forgot that one.

& the biggie:

7.) Keep track of the time and don't forget to call the husband to let him know I wasn't kidnapped, raped, or both.





No comments:

Post a Comment